Tesla gets state funding for 260 new Supercharger bays at more than 30 NSW addresses in Australia
The government of New South Wales has released nearly AUD$40 million in state funding for the approved buildout of 500 new "high-power charging bays" across NSW, more than half of which will be Tesla Superchargers. The rest will go to alternative EV charging networks in Australia like Ampol, BP, Evie Networks, NRMA, and Zeus Renewables.
Tesla recently released the Model Y in Australia and New Zealand to great sales success and waiting list, but the charging network in big NSW cities like Sydney leaves something to be desired. Tesla was forced to introduce an 80% charging limit at busy Supercharger locations like at Broadway Sydney, in order to help ease the congestion at peak hours there.
Tesla says that "each charging bay will have a rated output of at least 250kW, with 2+ bays having a rated output of 350kW," in compliance with the New South Wales Government's subsidy requirements.
Here's an address list of all new approved Tesla Supercharger locations in Australia:
- 525 David St, Albury NSW 2640, Australia - 15 bays
- 49-59 O'Riordan St, Alexandria NSW 2015, Australia - 6 bays
- Jessie St, Armidale NSW 2350, Australia - 4 bays
- 265 Parramatta Rd, Auburn NSW 2144, Australia - 6 bays
- 84 Kerr St, Ballina NSW 2478, Australia - 12 bays
- 1 Perry St, Batemans Bay NSW 2536, Australia - 6 bays
- 176 Auckland St, Bega NSW 2550, Australia - 6 bays
- Blue Gum Rd, Jesmond NSW 2299, Australia - 6 bays
- 5 Charlton St, Woy Woy NSW 2256, Australia - 12 bays
- 71 Spring St, Bondi Junction NSW 2022, Australia - 6 bays
- 1 Art Gallery Rd, Campbelltown NSW 2560, Australia - 9 bays
- 345 Victoria Ave, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia - 9 bays
- 211 Pacific Hwy, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450, Australia - 15 bays
- 19 Princes Hwy, Figtree NSW 2525, Australia - 6 bays
- 1 Bay St, Jindabyne NSW 2627, Australia - 6 bays
- Hope St, Blaxland NSW 2774, Australia - 6 bays
- Hume Hwy, Marulan NSW 2579, Australia - 15 bays
- 1 Jondaryan Ave, Griffith NSW 2680, Australia - 6 bays
- 407 Moppett St, Hay NSW 2711, Australia - 6 bays
- 279 Condamine St, Manly Vale NSW 2093, Australia - 6 bays
- 2 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015, Australia - 6 bays
- 72-78 Brook St, Muswellbrook NSW 2333, Australia - 6 bays
- 103 Tibbereena St, Narrabri NSW 2390, Australia - 6 bays
- 74 Benjamin Lee Dr, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324, Australia - 15 bays
- 260 Peisley St, Orange NSW 2800, Australia - 6 bays
- Peak Hill Rd, Parkes NSW 2870, Australia - 6 bays
- North Ter, Bankstown NSW 2200, Australia - 6 bays
- 249 Sheridan St, Gundagai NSW 2722, Australia - 12 bays
- 46 Wynter St, Taree NSW 2430, Australia - 12 bays
- 162 Rouse St, Tenterfield NSW 2372, Australia - 4 bays
- Wagga Wagga, NSW, 2650 68 Lead St, Yass NSW 2582, Australia - 6 bays
- 68 Lead St, Yass NSW 2582, Australia - 12 bays
According to the NSW Treasurer Matt Kean, the government's outlay will fund "the largest, fastest and most comprehensive public EV charging network in Australia." That's the first out of three NSW EV charging network funding rounds, and there will be another one later in the year. Tesla will now have two years to build 260 new bays in 32 Supercharger locations across New South Wales in Australia.
BREAKING: Tesla has received funding for over 30 new Supercharger sites as part of a new program by the Australian State of New South Wales.— Supercharger King (@MarcoRPTesla) October 24, 2022
I've obtained the addresses for all the Tesla sites, which I sorted onto this MyMaps.