Shuttle unveils NC03U mini PC with Kaby Lake
North American computer manufacturer Shuttle will be launching a new entry in its family of super-small mini PCs. Called the NC03U, core specifications include:
- Intel Celeron 3865U/i3-7100U/i5-7200U/i7-7500U CPU
- Up to 32 GB DDR3 RAM (SODIMM)
- 2.5-inch HDD + M.2 2280 SSD
- Removable 802.11 b/g/n WLAN card
- SD reader, USB Type-C, USB Type-A, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, DisplayPort
- 14.2 x 14.2 x 4.2 inches, 0.85 liters
Unsurprisingly, there will be no dedicated GPU options due to the size of the device and it will instead rely on integrated graphics from the choice of CPU. The unit, however, should still be able to stream 4K video without a hitch since the processor options are all from the latest Kaby Lake family of processors. Shuttle has even managed to fit in an active cooling fan and secondary internal 2.5-inch storage option unlike on the company's existing line of passively-cooled DS77U mini PCs.
Prices and availability are still unknown, but the current Skylake predecessor of this machine can be found for about 140 Euros. The NC03U will have to compete with a host of new Kaby Lake mini PCs such as those from Zotac and MSI shown off at this year's Computex 2017.