Samsung Galaxy J3 hits Verizon Wireless
Launched in India as a handset for motorcycle riders at the end of March, Samsung's Galaxy J3 is now finally available in the US through multiple carriers. This affordable 4G Android smartphone joins Verizon Wireless' portfolio, also carrying a price tag lower than in India, where it retails for about $135 USD.
The Samsung Galaxy J3 that reached Verizon Wireless has the same specs and features as the one for the Indian market, but also comes with the latest Android version:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core (no details mentioned)
- Memory/Storage: 1.5 GB RAM; 8 GB storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 5-inch AMOLED multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Thickness: 0.31 inches
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Colors: white, black, gold (apparently only the black version is available for now)
Verizon Wireless customers can grab this smartphone for $109.99 USD, next to one of the prepaid plans available - $30 per month for unlimited talk and text without data, $45 per month for unlimited talk and text with 1 GB of data, as well as $60 per month for unlimited talk and text with 3 GB of data.
Samsung Galaxy J3 is also available in the US via AT&T, Boost Mobile, and Virgin Mobile.