Samsung launches Galaxy J3 in India
Just as expected, the handset for motorcycle riders that launched earlier today is the Galaxy J3. Originally unveiled in China last year and also available in the US via Boost and Virgin Mobile, this handset reaches the Indian market as a Snapdeal-exclusive device.
Samsung Galaxy J3 for the Indian market has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core (no other details revealed yet)
- Memory/Storage: 1.5 GB RAM; 8 GB storage and microSD support
- Display: 5-inch AMOLED multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Thickness: 0.31 inches
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Colors: white, black, gold
The Galaxy J3 has a plastic case and, thanks to the "S Bike Mode," bikers can automatically reply to incoming calls via pre-recorded messages that are available in 14 different languages. The system uses an NFC tag that can be attached to the helmet or the bike itself and then simply requires a press to enable/disable the bike mode while busy driving the vehicle.
Starting today, the Samsung Galaxy J3 retails for roughly $135 USD on the Indian market.