Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 coming this June
The latest Galaxy Tab A will carry the following specifications:
- 10.1-inch PLS 1920 x 1200 16:10 display
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core Exynos 7870 SoC manufactured in 14 nm FinFET
- Mali-T830 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB eMMC w/ MicroSD support up to 256 GB
- 8 MP rear f/1.9 camera w/ LED Flash + 2 MP front f/2.2 camera
- Dual-band Wi-Fi up to 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- Android 6.0 w/ TouchWiz
- Micro-USB 2.0
- 7300 mAh battery
- 155.3 x 254.2 x 8.2 mm
- 525 g
Two SKUs will be made available differentiated by the Cat. 4 LTE capabilities of the second model. GPS will be standard on both SKUs, though the supported LTE bands on the latter SKU are currently unknown. Since both the front camera and dedicated Home button are positioned on the shorter sides of the device, Samsung is clearly encouraging Portrait mode over Landscape mode. This is a change from previous Galaxy Tab models where the positioning of the buttons and cameras have been encouraging Landscape mode instead.
The Wi-Fi model will go on sale starting next month for 290 Euros while the LTE model will retail for 350 Euros.