Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) hits Canada
Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) arrived on the Russian market in mid-March, and two weeks after this launch it reached the United States as well. Now, the time has come for Canada, where this 4.5-inch handset is already available for purchase through Telus. Canadian carrier Bell will add this Android handset to its portfolio in mid-April as well.
The specs and features of the Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) that reaches Canada are the same as those of its siblings already available in Russia and the US:
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 3475 SoC with ARM Mali-T720 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 4.5-inch Super AMOLED with 480X800 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.29 pounds; 5.22X2.73X0.35 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2050 mAh (removable); up to 38 hours audio playback and 13 hours talk time on 3G
- Colors: black
The handset does not feature NFC connectivity or a fingerprint sensor, but these features are not a frequent sight in the sub-$200 area of the market. Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) retails for $150 USD via Telus off-contract already and will hit Bell on April 13th.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros