Oppo unveils F1s smartphone with 16 MP front-facing camera
Oppo officially revealed its selfie-centric F1s smartphone at Mumbai, India as the successor to the F1. Core specifications include:
- 5.5-inch 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 display
- 1280 x 720p resolution
- Octa-core MediaTek MT6750 SoC (4x Cortex-A53 @ 1.5 GHz + 4x Cortex-A53 @ 1.0 GHz)
- Integrated ARM Mali-T860 MP2 GPU
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB eMMC
- 2x Nano-SIM slots + MicroSD support up to 128 GB
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Colores 3.0
- 3075 mAh non-removable battery
- 7.4 mm thickness
- 160 g
The most notable feature will be its 16 MP front-facing camera and its 1/3.1-inch sensor and f/2.0 aperture designed for selfies. A "selfie panorama" option is available as well for group shots. Meanwhile, its rear camera will be a more standard 13 MP offering with a 1/3.06-inch sensor and f/2.2 aperture.
Outside of its camera features, the F1s will have dual-SIM capabilities and a standalone MicroSD reader unlike on most other dual-SIM smartphones where the MicroSD slot is shared with a SIM slot. Its combination Home button and fingerprint sensor promises a response time of just 0.22 seconds.
The F1s will launch in Asian, Middle Eastern, and Australian territories in Rose Gold, Gold, and Gray color options for the equivalent of $275 USD. An official launch in Europe has not yet been announced.