Oppo A37 mainstream smartphone now available for $200 USD
Oppo today has unveiled the affordable 5-inch Oppo A37 with a Snapdragon 410 SoC, Adreno 306 graphics, 2 GB RAM, and a 16 GB eMMC with a thickness and weight of 7.7 mm and 136 grams, respectively, for just $200 USD. The model is already available in Singapore and should be coming to Indonesia this June 25th with a worldwide rollout to follow. Oppo is expected to reveal the specifics of its overseas launch plans in a separate announcement.
The cameras on the A37 carry notable specifications considering the price. The front-facing 5 MP camera is a 1/4-inch OmniBSI+ sensor with 1.4-micron pixels while the rear 8 MP camera is a 1/3.2-inch sensor also with 1.4-micron pixels. The smartphone has the ability to combine 5 single shots into a larger 24 MP image, which is not unlike the panning mode on many existing smartphones. The 2.5D 720p display is slightly rounded towards the edges and the device supports LTE with two nano-SIM slots and a MicroSD slot for expansion.
Technical data and speicifications for Oppo A37 Smartphone (according to manufacturer):
- OS: ColorOS 3.0 based on Android 5.1
- Processor: Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916
- GPU: Adreno 306
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB eMMC (MicroSD support up to 128 GB)
- Display: 5-inch, IPS, HD resolution, 1280 x 720, Gorilla Glass 4, Support for gloved or wet touch input
- Cameras: Rear 8 MP, f/2.2, LED-Flash | Front 5 MP, f/2.4
- Connectivity: GSM Band 2/3/5/8, WCDMA Band 1/5/8, FDD-LTE Band 1/3/5/7/8, TD-LTE Bands 41, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz)
- SIM: Dual nano-SIM
- Battery: 2630 mAh, fast-charging
- Dimensions: 143.1 x 71 x 7.68 mm
- Weight: 136 g
- Colors: Gold, Rose gold
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Indian citizens welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here