OnePlus 5 gets Android Oreo via OxygenOS 5.0
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
OnePlus is finally releasing Android Oreo to the OnePlus 5 flagship, after beginning the development of the Oreo-based firmware back in November. That month, the Chinese brand also released the OxygenOS beta program for the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T. Now, the final release of OxygenOS 5.0 is rolling out.
According to the official announcement that was published in the official OnePlus forum, the first official Android Oreo-based OTA update for the OnePlus 5 comes with the following highlights:
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- various launcher optimizations
- new camera UI, beauty effect for Portrait Mode, optimizations for photo quality
- Places tab in the Gallery app
- History feature for the Calculator app
- alarm calendar feature in the Clock app
- new design for Lift up display and Quick Settings
- Adaptive model screen calibration
- WiFi and Battery Saver optimizations
In addition to the above, the new software also includes the official Google Android security patch for December. Face Unlock is also in the cards "due to popular demand" and should arrive in one of the coming updates to OxygenOS 5.0. As usual, the update is incremental, so if your OnePlus handset is not displaying any notification yet, patience can help, but manually downloading the update gets the job done just as fine.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros