OnePlus 2 gets OxygenOS 3.5.8
OnePlus 2 owners will be disappointed by this last update issued for their handsets, but it looks like OnePlus has decided to keep them in Marshmallow land for a little longer. However, the new update, labeled OxygenOS 3.5.8, comes with the latest security patch from Google, next to quite a few tweaks and fixes.
According to the official post on the OnePlus Forums about the update, these are its highlights:
- Google security patch dated March 1
- fix for the echo issue during video calls in Duo App
- better audio compatibility
- fix for the data roaming problems that occurred in certain countries
- fix for the persistent network drop issues
- general bug fixes
The update is incremental as usual, rolling out in stages. A few OnePlus 2 owners should have it already, while a broader rollout is expected to begin in a few days.
In addition to the above, there is not much else to say, so we can only wait for the first public beta of the Nougat update for OnePlus 2 - if OnePlus does not decide to release the firmware without running an open test first, of course.