Nokia reveals N1 Android tablet
Nokia unveils today their first Android slate, namely the N1. Advertised as "the tablet that thinks ahead," the Nokia N1 sports "a carefully crafted industrial design" that focuses on simplicity and comes loaded with the Nokia Z Launcher interface. According to the official press release, this device should hit the market in Q1 2015 starting with China.
Nokia Z1 features the following highlights:
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Atom Z3580 with PowerVR G6430 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage, no microSD support
- Display: 7.9-inch IPS LCD with 2,048X1,536 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 8 MP back with autofocus
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB 2.0 with Type-C reversible connector
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Nokia Z Launcher
- Battery: 5300 mAh
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.7 pounds; 7.90X5.46X0.27 inches
This slate has two 0.5 W stereo speakers with less than 10% THD and a high quality Wolfson WM8958E audio chip. It also features a 6-axis gyro and accelerometer.
As mentioned earlier, Nokia N1 will launch in early 2015 on the Chinese market. Its price is expected to be about $250 USD without taxes. Other markets should also receive this tablet later.