MWC 2015 | Microsoft intros Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL
Microsoft introduced two new Lumia handsets earlier today at MWC 2015 in Barcelona - the 5-inch Lumia 640 and the larger Lumia 640 XL. Both handsets can be upgraded to Windows 10 later this year when the new iteration of the operating system comes out. While the Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL target the low-end market, they both come with a quad-core processor, 8 MP and 13 MP main cameras, dual SIM, as well as a one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal.
Microsoft Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL have similar specs and features, as you can see below:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 5-inch (640) or 5.7-inch IPS capacitive multitouch (640 XL), both with 1,280X720 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 1 MP and 8 MP (640) or 5 MP and 13 MP (640 XL)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
- Colors: cyan, orange, white, black
As mentioned earlier, both handsets will be available with a one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal, as well as 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage and 60 free minutes of Skype Unlimited Worldwide per month.
According to the official press release, global rollout begins later this month. Prices begin at roughly $155 USD for the 3G Lumia 640 and $210 USD for the 3G Lumia 640 XL. 4G LTE variants are expected to cost around $20-$30 USD more.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros