MWC 2015 | Acer reveals Liquid M220 Windows smartphone
Next to the Android-powered Liquid Jade Z, Acer unveiled today another entry-level smartphone, but this time one loaded with Microsoft's Windows Phone. The M220 is Acer's first Windows 8.1 handset from the Liquid family and it is also Windows 10-ready, although its specs are far from high-end.
The official press release does not reveal much about the specs of this smartphone, but various unofficial sources claim the Acer Liquid M220 will launch packing the following:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB; 4 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 4-inch multitouch with 480X800 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP with autofocus and LED flash on the back
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Windows Phone 8.1
- Battery: lithium-polymer 1,300 mAh
- Colors: Mystic Black, Pure White
Acer Liquid M220 is expected to retail for around $90 USD and a version with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage may also launch in a few select markets as well. For now, the handset is on display at Acer's MWC 2015 booth - Hall 1, stand G50. We will get back to it as soon as Acer uncovers all the details about availability, pricing, and specs.