Icon Q unveils the Q5.5 budget smartphone
Icon Q is a New York-based company that only made various accessories for mobile devices so far, and the Q5.5 is their first smartphone. According to the official product page, this handset is "designed to belong to you, not your carrier." The Q5.5 is a 3G Android smartphone for budget-conscious users that comes unlocked and offers good specs for its price.
Icon Q Q5.5 has the following highlights:
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Mediatek MTK6592M
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch capacitive multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Dimensions: 3.07X0.41X6.11 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2,100 mAh; 5.5 hours "music play at 50 percent volume" (no talk time or standby mentioned on the official page)
The Icon Q Q5.5 is only available in white, but it is a pretty good deal at $199 USD. While some may find the lack of 4G LTE and the apparently low battery life strong arguments against purchasing it, this handset definitely offers more than enough for a basic smartphone. The confirmation of a Lollipop update would definitely increase its appeal to potential buyers, but this is nowhere in sight for now.