MWC 2015 | Acer unveils Liquid Jade Z LTE smartphone
Acer has just unveiled a new Android handset with 4G LTE connectivity, namely Liquid Jade Z. The official press release describes it as a "brighter soul in an impeccable wallet-friendly body," also highlighting that this is the lightest 5-inch LTE smartphone.
Acer Liquid Jade Z packs the following specs and features:
- Processor: 64-bit quad-core MediaTek SoC (other details not available yet)
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; not specified yet, most likely 8 GB or 16 GB internal and microSD support
- Display: 5-inch IPS multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and Zero Air Gap screen
- Cameras: 5 MP F2.2 front, 13 MP F1.8 and Acer Bright Magic on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Weight/Thickness: 0.24 pounds; 0.31 inches
This new handset also offers 24-bit audio, DTS Studio Sound and HD speakers. It comes loaded with AcerNAV, a free navigation app made that uses TomTom technology and TripAdvisor POI. While pricing and availability are still unknown, the Liquid Jade Z is on display at Acer's MWC 2015 booth in Barcelona - Hall 1, stand G50. We will surely hear more about it later this month, so stay tuned.