MWC 2015 | Acer unveils Liquid Leap+ smart wearable
Next to a few Windows and Android smartphones, Acer also has a new smart wearable on display at MWC 2015 in Barcelona, namely the Liquid Leap+. Described to be "more than just a smart wearable" but "a fashion accessory," this device is a stylish activity tracker with a minimalistic design similar to its predecessor. Liquid Leap+ works with all major mobile platforms - Android, iOS, and Windows.
Acer Liquid Leap+ has the following highlights:
- Display: 1-inch OLED touchscreen
- Certification: IPX7 waterproof
- Software for compatible smartphones: Acer Leap Manager
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Autonomy: 5-7 days on a single charge
- Color bands: Fuchsia Pink, Lime Green, Charcoal Black
This upgrade to the existing Liquid Leap activity tracker can be used to control music on your smartphone, and it displays notifications for incoming emails, SMS, calls, or calendar events as well. It can also track steps taken, running distance, and calories burned.
Acer Liquid Leap+ will hit the EMEA region later this month at roughly $100 USD, so more details should become available soon.