MWC 2016 | Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition soon up for pre-order
Meizu launched the Android-driven Pro 5 handset in China back in 2015, but now the Ubuntu Edition of the same handset is ready to hit the market. According to Canonical, this is the fifth Ubuntu device they launched together with their partners in the last year and also "the most sophisticated and feature-rich Ubuntu phone in the market."
Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition has the following highlights:
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7420 Octa
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.7-inch AMOLED multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 21 MP Sony IMX230 on the back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3050 mAh
This handset also features advanced audio capabilities, thanks to the ES9018K2M DAC chip and the OPA1612 amplifier. Unfortunately, the Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition does not support the convergence feature yet, but this should be solved by a future software update.
For now, the price and release date are unknown, but the Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition will be present at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week. The handset will be on display in Hall 3, Booth J30. More details should become available soon, so stay tuned.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros