Meizu M2 launches in China
With specs and features that confirm yesterday's leak, the entry-level Meizu M2 arrived earlier today. This 5-inch Android handset offers a very good set of capabilities in the sub-$100 USD category, although we know nothing about its availability and pricing in the US. For now, it looks like the M2 will only be available for purchase in China, but since the English product page is up, global availability may follow really soon.
Meizu M2 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: quad-core 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6735 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 5-inch multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels and AGC Dragontrail protection
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/a/n dual-band, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Flyme UI
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.29 pounds; 5.52X2.71X0.34 inches
- Battery: 2500 mAh
The handset comes with support for FDD-LTE and TD-LTE while its microSD support has a dual purpose - it can also accommodate a second SIM card. Unfortunately, the phone cannot use two SIM cards and a microSD card, so the user has to decide between expanding the internal storage or adding a second SIM.
Priced at 599 Chinese Yuan, which currently equals less than $97 USD, the Meizu M2 could be a very attractive choice in the low-end area of any market. Remains to see if it reaches the US anytime soon.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros