IFA 2015 | Lenovo unveils Vibe S1 dual selfie camera smartphone
Lenovo Vibe S1 is not one of those selfie-centric handsets with a 13 MP front camera, but one that uses a dual camera setup inspired by Google's Project Tango. This smartphone has pretty powerful specs, but the 8 MP BSI + 2 MP cameras duo is its main highlight. While the BSI camera takes the shots, the smaller sensor gathers depth information, thus allowing for high-quality image effects.
These are the specs and features of the Lenovo Vibe S1:
- Processor: 1.7 GHz MediaTek MT6752, 64-bit octa-core
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD up to 128 GB
- Display: 5-inch IPS multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Cameras: 8 MP BSI and 2 MP front, 13 MP BSI with Phase Detection AF, dual-color flash on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.29 pounds; 5.65X2.78X0.3 inches
- Battery: 2,500 mAh, non-removable
This handset also features dual SIM support and Lenovo promises up to 11 hours in standby mode, although they did not mention any other autonomy figures yet. Vibe S1 will hit the market in November starting at $299 USD, but the price may vary depending on country and carrier, as usual.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros