Lenovo announces ThinkPad W550s mobile workstation
Lenovo announced a new ThinkPad mobile workstation earlier today, at the Autodesk University 2014 conference. Lenovo ThinkPad W550s packs "a powerful combination of performance, functionality and mobility" and its manufacturer describes it as "one of the most innovative ultrabook workstations available to users today."
As it happens with most mobile workstations, the Lenovo ThinkPad W550s can be customized to match the user's needs. These are its main specs and available options:
- Processor: 5th generation Intel Core i7 (dual-core, but no model specified)
- Memory/Storage: 2 slots, up to 16 GB RAM; up to 1 TB HDD or 512 GB SSD internal storage
- Display: Full HD TN with 300 nits, 3K IPS or 3K Touch, both with 350 nits and 2,880X1,620 pixels
- Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro K620M with 2 GB memory
- Connectivity: WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combo by Intel or Realtek, 3XUSB 3.0, 1XVGA, 1XmDP 1.2, RJ45 Gigabit, docking connector, integrated 4-in-1 card reader
- Weight: starting at 5 pounds
- Battery life: up to 13 hours, Power Bridge technology
The ThinkPad W550s mobile workstation has been ISV certified and, at only 0.88 inches, is Lenovo's thinnest mobile workstation yet. Pricing and availability have not been revealed for now.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros