MSI launches WS60 mobile workstation
Earlier today, MSI announced the arrival of "the world’s thinnest and lightest mobile workstation," the WS60. According to the official press release, these are the first ultra-slim professional laptops in the world to feature NVIDIA Quadro K2100M graphics and Thunderbolt 2 connectivity.
MSI WS60 is less than 0.8 inches thick and weighs less than 4.4 pounds (battery included). These are the main specs and features of the two different configurations announced, namely WS60 2OJ 3K-004US and WS60 2OJ-006US:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ
- Memory/Storage: 16 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz; 128 GB mSATA SSD + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD for 006US and Super RAID (128 GB SSDX2 RAID 0) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD for 004US
- Display: 15.6-inch WQHD+ 3K with 2,880X1,620 pixels (004US) and 15.6-inch Full HD eDP Wide View Angle with 1,920X1,080 pixels (006US)
- Graphics adapter: NVIDIA Quadro K2100M with 2 GB GDDR5
- Camera: Full HD webcam capable of 30 fps at 1080p
- Connectivity: Killer Gaming Network LAN/Bluetooth combo, Intel 7260 Wilkins Peak WiFi 802.11 ac, 3XUSB 3.0, HDMI 1.4, SD card reader
- Audio: 4 speakers and subwoofer
- Keyboard: Steel Series Anti-Ghost, Full-color backlit
- Dimensions: 15.35X10.47X0.78 inches
MSI WS60 2OJ 3K-004US costs $2,599.99 USD, while the WS60 2OJ-006US starts at $2,299.99 USD and both can be seen at Siggraph 2014 at booth #853.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros