CES 2015 | Lenovo unveils LaVie Z HZ550 notebook
Lenovo today unveils what they advertise as the world's lightest 13.3-inch laptop PC, namely the LaVie Z HZ550. This portable uses an exclusive case engineering technology called "Forged" that allows it to be only 0.66 inches thin, yet extremely strong.
Lenovo LaVie Z HZ550 has the following highlights:
- Processor: 5th generation Intel Core i5 "Broadwell" with Intel HD 5xxx integrated graphics
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM; 128 GB SSD internal storage
- Display: 13.3-inch LED anti-glare, up to WQHD resolution
- Camera: 720p webcam
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 4.0 combo, 2XUSB 3.0, SD card reader, HDMI out
- Operating system: Windows 8.1
- Weight/Dimensions: 1.72 pounds; 12.56X8.35X0.66 inches
- Battery: 29.6 Whr
This machine also features an 180-degree lay flat hinge and uses materials 50 percent lighter than Aluminum but has the sturdiness of any heavier Magnesium alloy case laptop. Lenovo and NEC developed this product together, and it will launch worldwide in May 2015 starting around $1300 USD. More details on the available hardware and software options should become available closer to the notebook's debut on the market.