LG launches K4 and K10 budget smartphones
LG is kicking off the new year with a couple of new budget smartphones in its K series. The 4.5-inch K4 and 5.3-inch K10 will come first to Europe and CIS by the end of this month before launching globally to other territories.
As featured in CES 2016, the K series aims to offer a premium look and feel for entry-level prices. Among these features is the 2.5D front glass, which curves around the edges and corners for a smoother appearance. The back cover is also textured with a bumpy surface for better gripping and to avoid the cheap smooth plastic feel.
The LG K10 is a 5.3-inch smartphone with an HD display and a 13 MP rear camera for the LTE SKU (LG-K430DS) and 8 MP rear camera for the 3G/UMTS SKU (LG-K410). The front-facing camera will also vary depending on the SKU: 8 MP for the LTE version and 5 MP for the 3G/UMTS version. Even the Android operating systems will be different between them with 6.0 Marshmallow for the LTE model and 5.1.1 Lollipop on its 3G variant.
The smaller LG K4 is equipped with an 854 x 480 resolution display and just 1 GB RAM with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Its rear 5 MP and front 2 MP cameras are also elementary compared to the double-digit cameras on most mainstream smartphones.
LG has not announced official prices on the models despite the imminent launch in the coming weeks.
Technical specifications of LG K10 according to manufacturer (Model dependent):
- Display: 5.3-inch, HD, 1280 x 720 Pixel, In-cell Touch
- Chipset: 3G/UMTS, Quad-core, 1.2 GHz or 1.3 GHz | LTE, MediaTek MT6753, 1.14 GHz Octa-core
- Cameras: LTE model: 13 MP rear, 8 MP or 5 MP front | 3G Model: 8 MP rear, 8 MP or 5 MP front
- RAM (model dependent): 2 GB / 1.5 GB / 1 GB
- Memory: 16 GB / 8 GB
- Network: LTE / 3G
- Battery: 2300 mAh
- OS: Google, Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Dimensions: 146 x 74.8 x 8.8 mm
- Colors: White / Purple / Gold
Technical specifications of LG K4 according to manufacturer (Model dependent):
- Display: 4.5-inch, FWVGA, 854 x 480 Pixel
- Chipset: 1.0 GHz, Quad-core
- Cameras: Rear 5 MP, Front 2 MP
- Memory: 1 GB RAM / 8 GB ROM
- Battery: 1940 mAh
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Dimensions: 131.9 x 66.7 x 8.9 mm
- Network: LTE
- Colors: White / Purple
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros