Konami re-releases Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on PC
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance can now be downloaded for PC from the GOG store. The two games are compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10 and cost US$9.50 each. According to the two listings, the games include the following content besides the full games:
Metal Gear Solid
- VR Missions Game included
- Optional 1st person play mode thrusts you into the action from the moment you suit up.
- Multiple game controller support and improved quick-save function for ease of play.
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
- 350 VR missions and 150 alternative missions - SUBSTANCE Exclusive
- Play through 5 new Snake tales involving Solid Snake - SUBSTANCE Exclusive
- Unlock new playable characters and game modes - SUBSTANCE Exclusive
- Contains the entire Metal Gear Solid®2: Sons of Liberty game plus the debut of the Casting Theater and Boss Survival mode - SUBSTANCE Exclusive
- Utilize stealth and infiltration methods, such as diving somersaults, hanging from ledges and using disguises.
- Fully interactive environment where bullets pierce steam pipes, smoke reveals laser beams and wet shoes leave footprints
- Powerful musical score composed by Harry Gregson - Williams (Armageddon, The Rock)
IGN has demonstrated running Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance at 1440p and 60 FPS, but neither it nor Metal Gear Solid have been remastered. Instead, GOG is selling the PC ports that Konami released in the early 2000s. As many people on social media have noted, these ports contain bugs and even 'game-breaking mechanics'.
The original Metal Gear is available to purchase too for US$6.33, as is Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. From what we have read, these MGS and MGS 2: Substance re-releases add little to the ports that Konami released in 2000 and 2003, respectively.