Kingston intros the high-performance KC2000 NVMe PCIe SSD lineup
Kingston is back with a new high-speed storage product, namely the KC2000 NVMe PCIe SSD. Available with sizes that range between 250 GB and 2 TB, this solution "delivers outstanding performance and endurance, and improves workflow in desktop, workstations and high-performance computing (HPC) systems."
Without further ado, these are the highlights of the KC2000 NVMe PCIe SSD lineup:
- Capacity: 250 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB, 2 TB
- Flash technology: 96-layer 3D TLC NAND
- Form factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 lanes
- Controller: SMI 2262EN
- Hardware encryption: AES 256-bit
- Sequential read/write: 3,000/1,100 MB/s (250 GB model) to 3,200/2,200 MB/s (2 TB model)
- Random 4K read/write: 350/200K IOPS (250 GB model) to 250/250K IOPS (2 TB model)
- Total bytes written: 150 TBW (250 GB model) to 1.2 PTBW (2 TB model)
- MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
In addition to the above, we should also mention that the KC2000 NVMe PCIe SSD comes with TCG Opal 2.0 (Symantec, McAfee, WinMagic, and more) and Microsoft eDrive — a security storage specification for use with BitLocker — support for increased security.
Covered by a generous limited warranty period of five years, the KC2000 NVMe PCIe SSD can be already acquired from multiple retailers worldwide. The prices vary depending on retailer and location, but they should start around US$60 for the 250 GB variant.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros