India gets two Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro variants
The most expensive Redmi handset by Xiaomi, namely the Redmi Note 6 Pro, is finally ready to take on the Indian market. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro did great there, so its successor has some big shoes to fill in. The new Redmi Note 6 Pro promises to offer exactly what most Indian consumers are looking for — a big screen and high-quality selfies, as well as a reasonably fast processor — without breaking the bank.
Without further ado, these are the highlights of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB or 6 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 256 GB
- Display: 6.26-inch IPS LCD with 2,280 x 1,080 pixels and 500 nits brightness
- Cameras: 12 + 5 MP main camera with f/1.9 aperture; 20 + 2 MP selfie shooter with AI face unlock
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.4 pounds; 6.22 x 3.01 x 0.33 inches
- Operating system: Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9 on top
The list of connectivity capabilities includes an IR blaster, dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, FM radio, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS support, Bluetooth 5.0, as well as a traditional 3.5 mm audio jack.
The Indian customers can get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro in black, rose gold, red, or blue. The pricing details are not available yet, but we expect both variants to be priced lower than the local equivalent of US$250.