HTC Marlin specs leak online
While other companies increase the size of new handsets, it looks like the new Nexus devices are keeping things rather compact. The largest of the two, currently dubbed HTC Marlin, has a 5.5-inch form factor. On the other hand, the Huawei-built Nexus 6P currently available on the market has a 5.7-inch display.
According to inside sources who spoke to Android Police, these are the highlights of the upcoming Nexus device built by HTC:
- Processor: quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon (no other details revealed)
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB and 128 GB internal storage variants
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED multitouch with 2,560X1,440 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 12 MP back
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3450 mAh
The handset will also feature a rear-mounted fingerprint reader and bottom-firing speakers. Android Police's insiders did not say anything about the operating system, but it is very likely that both Marlin and the smaller Sailfish will launch loaded with Android 7.0 Nougat.