Gigabyte announces P55K gaming laptop
Today Gigabyte has announced a new gaming laptop, the P55K. Unlike many other recent 15.6-inch models, it doesn't try to set new thinness records or impress with very high resolution (QHD or UHD) displays and instead offers a more traditional configuration suited for gaming on its Full HD matte screen. Unfortunately, the exact panel type is not disclosed: Gigabyte only calls it "Wide Viewing Angle", which most probably means TN but doesn't rule out IPS completely. Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M with 2 GB GDDR5 video memory is installed; according to our tests, it should suffice for most games in Full HD and medium to high details.
Other specifications are as follows:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4720HQ
- RAM: DDR3L 1600 MHz, up to 16 GB (2 slots)
- Storage: 2.5-inch SATA HDD (1 TB 7200 RPM or 500-2000 GB 5400 RPM) and mSATA SSD (128/256/512 GB)
- Optical drive: DVD-RW, BR/DVD combo or BR-RW with BDXL support
- Communications and interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, gigabit Ethernet, 4x USB 3.0, HDMI, VGA, SD cardreader, separate audio jacks (headphones and mic)
- Battery: 6-cell, 57 Wh
- Dimensions and weight: 380x269x26.8~34 mm (15x10.6x1.1~1.3 inch), 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
- Operating system: Windows 7 (Home Premium or Professional) or Windows 8.1 (standard or Pro)
- Keyboard: full-sized (with NumPad), optionally backlit, 2.28 mm (0.09 inch) key travel
The P55K should be available shortly as well as its GTX 970M-equipped but otherwise identical sibling P55W. Gigabyte set the price for a P55K configuration with 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD and a DVD-RW at $1250. Models with an SSD and/or a BR drive will cost more.
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros