Garmin issues Beta version 22.80 update to Fenix 6, Enduro, Tactix and MARQ series smartwatches
Garmin has updated Fenix 6, Enduro, Tactix and MARQ series smartwatches again, only a few days after the company released the Alpha version 22.76 update. This time, the company has finalised Beta version 22.80, an update that contains changes and improvements over both Alpha version 22.76 and Beta version 22.10. Unsurprisingly, more differences exist between Beta versions 22.80 and 22.10 than Beta version 22.80 and Alpha version 22.76.
Specifically, Garmin reports that Beta version 22.80 fixes a potential issue that existed in Alpha version 22.76 where HRV status would not display after wearing the smartwatch for three weeks. Likewise, the latest update addresses a bug that caused a display issue with the Incident Detection alert when connecting the smartwatch to Garmin Connect. Additionally, Garmin claims to have resolved other minor HRV status UI issues. For context, Garmin added an HRV status widget glance with Alpha version 22.76.
Conversely, Beta version 22.70 makes twelve changes from Beta version 22.10. Outlined below, Garmin has focussed on resolving bugs between Beta version 22.10 and Beta version 22.70. According to Garmin's forum post, it will automatically deliver Beta version 22.80 to your smartwatch through GCM. Apparently, GCM will check for a new update daily, but it could take several hours for the update to fully transfer and be ready to install. You can read more about Beta version 22.80 in Garmin's blog post.
- Added major update to Training Status widget. The main widget now displays Training Status, HRV, and Acute Load data. The widget also contains its own glance view containing Acute Load, Load Focus, VO2 Max, Recovery, Heat Acclimation, and Altitude Acclimation data.
- Added a new Acute Load graph and Heat Acclimation graph, which can be accessed via the updated Training Status widget.
- Improved race time predictions.
- Fixed a potential issue where random text would be displayed on InReach messaging.
- Fixed a potential issue where the Daily Floors Climbed Goal alert would not alert.
- Fixed a potential issue where Battery Saver mode would randomly turn on after an activity or accessing a menu.
- Fixed an issue when calibrating altitude via the DEM option where the prompt to enter sea level pressure was skipped.
- Fixed an issue where RCT could disconnect while on the widget glance.
- Fixed an issue on the Xero widget would be unable to acquire GPS.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where using a hotkey to open a timer from the Spotify app will return the user to an empty screen.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would not properly sync privacy settings with Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Fixed a potential issue where the device would restart during an activity (non-Pro devices).