Fitbit Blaze now available for purchase
Although the wearable market is growing and constantly changing its shape, Fitbit managed to stay on top for a few years now. The company's smartwatch known as Fitbit Blaze was introduced back at CES and now, just as announced, the first units are shipping. Obviously, the pre-order period is now gone, and anyone interested in grabbing one can purchase it for the full retail price of $199 USD.
Fitbit Blaze has the following highlights:
- sweat/rain/splash-proof design
- optical heart rate monitor
- LCD color touchscreen
- 3-axis accelerometer
- up to 5 days battery life
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
- compatible with more than 200 Android, Windows, and iOS handsets
- black, blue, plum color options
Fitbit Blaze does not feature a GPS module, using the connected smartphone to track its location. One possible drawback could be its proprietary OS, but considering the price, those focused on fitness more than smart connected features will probably consider it an interesting choice.