Asus launches Chromebook C200 and C300
The Asus Chromebook C200 and C300 have been in the rumor mill for a few months already and now the Taiwanese company has just announced their availability and specs. According to the official press release, these new Chromebooks "are designed for outstanding mobility and feature up to 10 hours battery life for all-day use."
Both models have similar features and the main differences between the C200 and the C300 are their screen size, weight and dimensions. These are their technical specs:
- Processor: dual-core 2.42 GHz Intel Bay Trail-M N2830
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and SD card slot
- Display: 11.6-inch glossy or 13.3-inch non-glossy LED backlit with 1,366X768 pixels
- Camera: 720p webcam
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac2 dual-band, Bluetooth 4.0, 1XUSB 2.0, 1XUSB 3.0, HDMI 1.4
- Operating system: Chrome OS
- Weight/Dimensions: 2.5 pounds and 12X7.9X0.8 inches (C200) or 3.1 pounds and 13X9.1X0.8~0.9 inches (C300)
Both these new Asus Chromebooks feature a large touchpad with multi-finger gesture support and a full-size seamless chiclet keyboard, as well as "a hidden screen hinge that gives it a sleek look" and a fingerprint-resistant matte-finish cover.
The Asus Chromebook C200 and C300 will reach the US market at the end of June, starting at $249.99 USD.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: