Asus announces VivoBook Pro 15 with GTX 1050 graphics
The 15-inch multimedia space is becoming a bit more crowded this week with the launch of the Asus VivoBook Pro 15. Core specifications for the notebook include:
- 15.6-inch FHD (or 4K UHD) display @60 Hz
- Core i7-7700HQ up to 3.8 GHz (or i5-7300HQ up to 3.5 GHz)
- GeForce GTX 1050 w/ 2 GB or 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
- 16 GB RAM (2x SODIMM)
- Up to 512 GB SATA III SSD or 2 TB HDD
- 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB Type-C Gen. 1 (w/ DisplayPort support), HDMI, Gigabit RJ-45, SD reader
- WLAN 802.11ac, Bluetooth
- Integrated Harman Kardon speakers
- 380 x 256 x 19.2 mm
- 2.2 kg
Other notable features are its unibody aluminum design and optional fingerprint reader with Windows Hello support. Asus is promising this to be the lightest notebook in its VivoBook Pro series and, indeed, a quick glance at its design shows many similarities to the existing ZenBook 3 series of Ultrabooks.
The base display option will be 1080p TN with just 45 percent NTSC color coverage while the higher-end SKUs will carry 2160p IPS panels that promise full sRGB coverage. There will be no touchscreen versions in contrast to the XPS 15 that the new VivoBook Pro will be competing directly against.
The manufacturer has yet to announce specific launch dates or availability of the new VivoBook Pro 15 series, but it's likely that we'll start seeing SKUs in stock through retail channels soon.