Always on Display hits Samsung Galaxy S7
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 did not simply come offering a few special hardware capabilities, also bringing a set of unique software features. Fortunately, not all its goodies are now gone, since a software update for the Galaxy S7 lineup that was issued last week enhances the Always on Display features of its Samsung flagship devices.
According to popular XDA Forums, the new AOD update arrived on October 14. Its description includes the following highlights:
- Clock, Calendar, Image setting now as default digital clock
- Newly designed calendars
- Now shows on S-View and Keyboard covers
- Personal signature to clock, any image to clock, as well as new digital/analog/world clocks
- AOD showing information on music played via various apps
- Battery consumption below 1 percent per hour
The new version of the Always on Display app is 1.4.02 and can be obtained via Settings > Display > Always On Display > About Always On Display > Update.