MWC 2016 | Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge are now official
Update: See our videos embedded below.
After countless rumors, Samsung's latest flagship devices are finally official. According to their maker, Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge offer "a refined design, more advanced camera, streamlined software functionality and unparalleled connectivity to a galaxy of products, services, and experiences."
These are the specs of the first two members of the Galaxy S7 family:
- Processor: octa-core up to 2.15 GHz and 2.3 GHz (no details yet, but most likely a Snapdragon and an Exynos as usual, depending on region)
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage, microSD support
- Display: 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED (S7) and 5.5-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED (S7 Edge), with Always-On capabilities
- Cameras: 5 MP front, Dual Pixel 12 MP with Smart OIS on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Cat.9, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS and BeiDou, NFC, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Weight/Dimensions: about 0.33 pounds both; 5.6X2.74X0.31 inches (S7) and 5.94X2.86X0.3 inches (S7 Edge)
- Battery/Autonomy: 3000 mAh (S7) and 3600 mAh (S7 Edge); up to 15 hours (S7) and 18 hours (S7 Edge) video playback with AOD off
- Colors: black onyx, gold platinum, silver titanium, white pearl
Both handsets are IP68-certified for protection from water and dust, and they can support two SIM cards or a SIM card and a microSD card. Unfortunately, there is not a dual SIM, microSD option available for now.
It looks like the US market will only get the 32 GB versions, and they are expected start shipping next month as previously rumored. More details on pricing and availability should come out soon, so stay tuned.