MWC 2016 | ZOPO Speed 8 is world's first deca-core Android handset
Although ZOPO is not as notorious as other big Chinese names like Huawei, Xiaomi, or ZTE, they are not one of those brands without any impact in the industry. Back in November 2013, they launched the world's first octa-core Android handset, dubbed ZP998. Since July 2015, the company's brand ambassador is three-time MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo. Earlier this week in Barcelona, they have unveiled the world's first Android handset to be powered by a deca-core processor, namely the ZOPO Speed 8 and the MediaTek Helio X20.
ZOPO Speed 8 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: MediaTek Helio X20 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.5-inch multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 21 MP with dual tone LED flash and Sony IMX230 sensor on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3600 mAh with fast charging
In addition to the above, the ZOPO Speed 8 also features a fingerprint reader on the back. Unfortunately, there is no information on its arrival on the market and pricing yet, but we will get back to this handset as soon as we find out more.