Acer Predator 17X will carry GTX 980 GPU and up to 64 GB DDR4 RAM
The Acer Predator 17X will carry the most powerful mobile GPU available to go above and beyond the minimum requirements for virtual reality. The GTX 980 can also be found on a handful of enthusiast-level gaming notebooks including certain Clevo barebones like the Eurocom DLX7 and the Asus GX700. As for CPU power, the new Acer can make use of a Core i7-6820HK. Three system fans are used for cooling and to help cope with the overclockable CPU up to 4 GHz and the GPU up to 1310 MHz and 3.7 GHz VRAM.
When compared to the original Predator 17, the Predator 17X will be slightly thicker in size but with a completely redesigned interior to handle the demanding 300 W TDP GPU and system.
The 17.3-inch IPS display will have 1080p and 2160p (4K) options with G-Sync to significantly reduce screen tearing. DDR4-2133 RAM comes standard with up to three NVMe PCIe SSDs in RAID 0. The versatile Thunderbolt 3 is supported for additional displays, docks, and other accessories.
Also worth mentioning is the set of four speakers with dedicated subwoofer. Headphones of up to 600 ohms are supported while the keyboard gets the Full RGB spectrum of backlight colors.
The Predator 17X will launch this June for 3000 Euros.
- Display: 17.3-inch IPS at 1920 x 1080 or 3840 x 2160 resolution with G-Sync
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6820HK / 6700HQ
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 with 8 GB GDDR5 VRAM
- RAM: DDR4-2133, up to 64 GB
- Storage: Up to three PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 array
- Connectivity: Thunderbolt 3, USB-Type-C, + more unannounced
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- Features: Quadl speakers + Subwoofer, RGB keyboard
- 423 x 321 x 45 mm
- 4.55 kg
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros