IFA 2016 | ZTE unveils 5.2-inch Axon 7 mini with Snapdragon 617 SoC for 300 Euros
Rumored for launch as early as last July, Chinese manufacturer ZTE has finally made official the Axon 7 mini smartphone at IFA 2016. The mainstream device will carry a 5.2-inch 1080p display and will launch in Australia, Germany, India, Japan, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, and the US for 300 Euros on September 7th.
CEO of ZTE Mobile Devices Adam Zeng made the announcement on the official press release:
“Consumer around the world have gravitated to our AXON 7 device as it offers flagship level specs and experience at a price that is simply unbeatable. By extending the AXON 7 series with today’s launch of the AXON 7 mini we are giving consumers more options in device size, but with the same premium performance they seek in flagship devices.”
ZTE is particularly proud of the sound quality of the Axon 7 mini. The smartphone integrates a dedicated audio processor developed in collaboration with music specialists from Asahi Kasei Microdevices (AKM). The Chinese manufacturer is promising that customers will notice the difference in sound quality between the Axon 7 mini and other smartphones. The model carries stereo speakers with dedicated Dolby Atmos software.
More specifications of the Axon 7 mini include the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB of internal storage, fingerprint sensor, rear 16 MP and front 8 MP cameras, and a combined dual-SIM and MicroSD tray. The system will ship with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and a 2705 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge capable of charging from 0 to 50 percent in just half an hour.
ZTE Axon 7 mini specifications (According to manufacturer):
- Slot-1 FDD-LTE: 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20, TDD-LTE: B38/40/41, WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8, GSM: B2/3/5/8, CDMA: BC0, CA: B3+B7 B20+B3 B20+B7 B8+B7 B12+B4 B17+B4
- Slot-2 GSM: B2/3/5/8 WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- Platform: Qualcomm MSM8952, 4x 1.5GHz + 4x 1.2GHz,
- OS: Android 6.0
- Size & Weight: 147.5*71*7.8mm, 153g
- Display: 5.2’’ FHD 1080*1920, AMOLED, 16M Color
- Camera: 16MP PDAF+8MP FF
- Battery: 2705mAh with Quick Charge 2.0
- Interface: 3.5mm Headset, USB Type-C
- Memory: 32GB(ROM) + 3GB(RAM)
- Features: WIFI IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac,BT 4.1,USB Type-C NFC
- Accelerometer/Proximity/Light/Geomagnetic /Gyroscope sensor
- Fingerprint/Voiceprint Verify; HIFI, Dual Speakers, Quick Charge
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros