ZTE Obsidian hits T-Mobile next week
After the recent release of the high-end Axon, ZTE seems to have the entire Android market in the US covered, but most of the company's products aim at first-time smartphone buyers and budget-conscious users looking to get the most powerful handset for their money. Next week, T-Mobile will begin to sell a new sub-$100 USD 4G LTE handset from ZTE, called Obsidian.
ZTE Obsidian has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735M SoC
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 4 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 4.5-inch multitouch with 854X480 pixels and 224 ppi
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back
- Connetivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.29 pounds; 5.41X2.7X0.4 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 1850 mAh; up to 6 hours talk time and over 10 days standby
T-Mobile customers will be able to get the ZTE Obsidian starting August 13 for $99.99 USD (off-contract) or on a 24-month payment plan, paying $4.17 USD each month and nothing more.