CES 2017 | ZTE Hawkeye now official
ZTE was very busy choosing a name for the upcoming crowdsourced 5.5-inch handset previously known as Project CSX, but they came up with a good one - Hawkeye is now finally official! Since yesterday, the handset can be pre-ordered for an early bird price of $199 USD via Kickstarter.
Although the specs are not final, this is what backers should expect to receive as early as September:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 823 or later
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB or 6 GB; 64 GB or 128 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch full HD multitouch
- Cameras: 8 MP front with OIS, autofocus, HDR, 16 MP back with OIS, dual-LED flash, laser autofocus, HDR (dual-camera setup also in the cards)
- Operating system: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 3,500 - 4,000 mAh
In addition to the above, the handset is expected to feature eye-tracking capabilities, a side fingerprint reader on the power button, HiFi audio, microSD support, dual-SIM capabilities, and more. All these specs can change until the handset finally becomes available, but it looks like ZTE Hawkeye will deliver a lot to those willing to pay nine months (or more) in advance for it.