ZTE Axon 7 Mini to get unified software update
ZTE Axon 7 Mini is a popular handset, offering an attractive design, a solid set of features, strong specs, and - naturally - a competitive price. However, these Android smartphones currently in use across the US have been updated with more than just one software build. Right now, the firmware variants loaded on such a handset are B12, B16, or B14MR2, but ZTE will change this soon, bringing them all together.
According to ZTE USA, "This new release will bring everyone up to date and on the same MR, B21, which is the most current update available." The list of changes for those moving up from B12 includes the following:
- Google Applications updated
- New APN settings for all major North American carriers
- T-Mobile HD Voice call (VoLTE) support
- camera focus speed and night more optimizations
- various general enhancements, Google security patches updated through December
Also known as B2017G, this new firmware arrived last Thursday. Sadly, it does not come with Nougat, but these changes above should still be welcome for the time being.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros