YotaPhone 2 could hit the US this spring via T-Mobile
The dual-screen YotaPhone 2 has been announced back in February 2014 but still has to reach the US. For now, this unique Android handset is available in 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East, and the CIS. While it should have landed on US soil by the end of 2014, it seems like YotaPhone 2 will only do that this spring.
"Sources familiar with the matter" who spoke to Android Authority revealed that YotaPhone 2 will reach the US via T-Mobile in March-April. These are the device's highlights:
- Processor: 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage, but no microSD support
- Displays: 5-inch capacitive AMOLED Full HD and 5-inch EPD with 960X540 pixels, both with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 2.1 MP front, 8 MP back with autofocus and LED flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.31 pounds; 5.67X2.74X0.35 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: lithium-ion 2500 mAh; up to 26 hours talk time and 406 hours standby (both on 3G)
The same article mentioned a Canadian release of this handset as scheduled for "sometime in 2015" but did not reveal any carrier name yet. We will get back to this handset and its North American launch details as soon as new information becomes available.