CES 2015 | Panasonic Lumix CM1 coming to the US via AT&T and T-Mobile
Panasonic announced the Lumix CM1 Android-driven camera phone back in September, but the handset became available only last month. Similar to the Samsung Galaxy Zoom, the new Panasonic handset features the Japanese company's notorious Lumix design and even a manual control ring. Lumix CM1 is not available in the US yet, but Panasonic announced at CES that AT&T and T-Mobile will soon add it to their portfolios.
Panasonic Lumix CM1 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC with Adreno 330 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 4.7-inch capacitive multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and 469 ppi
- Cameras: 1.1 MP front, 20 MP camera on the back with Leica optics and 1" sensor size, autofocus, LED flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS, NFC, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.45 pounds; 5.33X2.68X0.83 inches
- Battery: lithium-ion 2600 mAh
This handset is currently on sale in Europe, where it has a very high price tag - £1,289 GBP on Amazon.co.uk, for example (roughly $1,950 USD!!!). MobileSyrup claims Lumix CM1 will hit the US this summer where Panasonic will sell it unlocked for "only" $1,000 USD. We will probably get back to it as soon as T-Mobile and AT&T reveal its availability and pricing.