Xiaomi Mi Max 2 now official
After a few rumors and leaks, the successor of the popular Xiaomi Mi Max phablet is finally official. This new Android device keeps the impressive 6.44-inch display size of its predecessor and comes with multiple improvements in other areas.
These are the highlights of the Xiaomi Mi Max 2:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 64 GB or 128 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 6.44-inch
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 12 MP Sony IMX386 1.25-micron main camera (the same as the one on the Mi 6)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, IR blaster
- Operating system: Android Nougat with MIUI 8 on top
- Battery/Autonomy: 5,300 mAh; 57 hours call time, 21 hours web browsing, 9 hours gaming, Quick Charge 3.0 support
The new Mi Max has a metal unibody design with rounded edges and features a circular fingerprint reader on the back. Its stereo speakers automatically switch on when the phablet is moved into landscape mode for enjoying a video or playing a game.
In China, the prices are around $245 USD for the 64 GB version and about $290 USD for the 128 GB model. There is no word on an international release and the prices to expect, but since the Mi Max made it to other markets via official channels, we suppose the same should happen with its successor.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros