Upgraded Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 appears in the AnTuTu database
An entry in the AnTuTu benchmark database spotted earlier today proves that Amazon may be close to the release of an updated Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 tablet. It is not known yet when will it come out, but this is the first slate we heard of that promises to be powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC.
The features of the upgraded Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 revealed by AnTuTu are the following:
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 with Adreno 420 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; not specified at this time, probably unchanged (currently available in 16, 32 and 64 GB variants)
- Display: 8.9-inch with 1,600X,2560 pixels, 100% sRGB color accuracy and 339 ppi
- Cameras: 1 MP front, 8 MP back
- Operating system: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
According to the news piece published by AnTuTu on this matter, it is possible that Amazon will not release this version but only use it for internal testing of the Snapdragon 805 processor. The improved Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 should also offer more memory, better cameras and maybe even a higher resolution screen, but this remains to be seen.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros