Amazon introduces Fire OS 4 “Sangria”
Amazon announced yesterday the introduction of Fire OS 4 "Sangria" next to the all new Fire HD and Fire HDX tablets, but this new version will also be available as a free OTA update for all third generation Fire tablets. This mobile OS is based on Android 4.4 KitKat and "adds features and services to make it faster and easier to use."
Some highlights of Fire OS 4 "Sangria" can be seen below:
- Advanced Streaming and Prediction - starts automatically movies and TV episodes the user want to see
- Smart Suspend - up to 25 percent more battery life thanks to the use of device-specific power profiles
- Amazon cloud integration with free unlimited storage
- Family Library for sharing apps, games, audiobooks and books, as well as Prime Instant Video content
- Updated user interface and the introduction of user profiles
While the OTA software update should be available anytime soon, the official press release says Fire OS 4 will only get it "early next year" and nothing more. Please check below for additional information.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros