Amazon Fire smartphone hits AT&T
Amazon unveiled its first smartphone early last week and now the device can be already purchased from AT&T. Amazon Fire is exclusively available from this carrier, as previously rumored. It offers 4G LTE connectivity and comes with a rich set of innovative features, including X-Ray, Dynamic Perspective, Firefly or Second Screen.
Amazon Fire has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 with Adreno 330 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive multitouch with 720X1,280 pixels and 312 ppi
- Cameras: 2.1 MP front, 13 MP back with autofocus, LED flash and OIS
- Connectivity: dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC, micro USB 2.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Battery/Autonomy: 2,400 mAh lithium-ion, non-removable; up to 22 hours talk time, 65 hours while playing music and 285 hours in standby mode
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.35 pounds; 5.48X2.62X0.35 inches
Amazon's first smartphone features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection for both its front and back, 3D Dynamic Perspective UI thanks to 4 front cameras that track the user's movement, Dolby Digital Plus audio technology and comes with unlimited Cloud Drive photo storage.
AT&T offers Amazon Fire only in black for $199 USD or $299 USD (32 GB or 64 GB storage) when acquired with a two-year contract. Customers can also purchase it with AT&T Next 18 for $27.09 USD or $31.25 USD a month.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros