UFO-inspired Doogee S98 Pro coming in June, thermal camera in tow
Although the dual-screen design is one of the key features of the Doogee S98 rugged smartphone, its successor drops it for an even more interesting treat, namely a thermal imaging camera. The upcoming Doogee S98 Pro uses the same MediaTek Helio G96 processor and is set to hit the market in early June.
The list of specs and features is quite similar to that of the Doogee S98, as you can see below:
- Protection certifications: IP68, IP69K, MIL-STD-810H
- Memory/Storage: 8/256 GB (UFS 2.2 storage), microSD support up to 512 GB
- Display: 6.3-inch FHD+ LCD with 500 nit peak brightness and 15,000:1 contrast, waterdrop design
- Cameras: 64 MP main, 20 MP night shooter, 8 MP wide, 16 MP selfie camera, InfiRay thermal sensor with 256X192 resolution and 25 Hz frame rate
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC with Google Pay support, USB-C with OTG support, GPS (Glonass, Galileo, BeiDou supported)
- Operating system: Android 12
- Battery/Autonomy: 6,000 mAh with 33 W fast charge and 15 W wireless charging; up to 432 hours standby, 10 hours gaming/video playback, and 28 hours voice calls
According to Doogee, the coolest thing about the thermal camera is the Dual Spectrum Fusion Algorithm. This tech combines the images captured by the primary sensor and the low-resolution thermal imagery to generate a high-resolution image that allows to accurately trace (hot or cold) problem spots.
For now, there is no information regarding the colors in which this handset will be available or its dimensions and weight. However, it is safe to assume that the Doogee S98 Pro has roughly the same size and weights about as much as its non-Pro sibling. Other traits shared with the Doogee S98 include the side-mounted fingerprint scanner and the customizable Easy Key. As usual, those who join the mailing list on Doogee's website will get early bird discounts, although there is no pricing information available yet. More details should surface later this month, so stay tuned.
Doogee (via email, official promo page)