The flagship USB DAC/headphone amp HiBy FC5 is now available for purchase
Earlier today, HiBy made the FC5 USB DAC/headphone amp available for purchase at an early-bird price of US$139, US$20 less than the MSRP that will replace it on November 20. This flagship product was designed with mobile phones in mind and can also be used to replace the sound card of a desktop PC or laptop.
A solid upgrade from the FC3, the HiBy FC5 comes with the following highlights:
- Officially certified by MQA, capable of up to 8x unfolding in harmony with MQA albums.
- Seamless integration with the USB exclusive mode of the HiByMusic app.
- HiFi DAC ES9281 Pro & Dual ES9063Q headphone amps for best-in-class performance.
- Low power draw while offering 125 mW @ 32 Ohm audio via the 4.4 mm balanced output.
- PCM up to 32bit / 384 kHz, DSD up to DSD 128 (DoP) HiRes audio support.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android smartphones.
- Hardware volume controls and RGB indicator light.
Those worried about the less usual output connector should be glad to find out that the retail package also includes an adapter cable from 4.4 mm balanced male to 3.5 mm female output. Wireless might be the way to go for many people these days, but the launch of products like the HiBy FC5 show there is still a market for the old-school wired approach.
HiBy (via email, official product page)