The BlackBerry 9720 takes us a few years back
In a very interesting move, the Canadian phone maker BlackBerry decided to announce the BlackBerry 9720, a handset that brings back the BlackBerry 7.1 OS. This smartphone seems to target all the budget conscious buyers who need a basic device that features a full keyboard, WiFi capability and at least 7 days of standby time.
The list of specifications may not be impressive, but the BlackBerry 9720 could become a success if the price is right. These are its main features:
- CPU: 806 MHz Tavor MG1
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB RAM / 512 MB eMMC (one microSD memory card slot available supporting up to 32 GB)
- Display: 2.8-inch HVGA, 480X360 pixels touchscreen
- Camera: 5 MP EDOF with flash and image stabilization, 4X digital zoom
- Controls: full QWERTY keypad with 35 keys and optical trackpad
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- OS: BlackBerry 7.1 OS
- Weight/Dimensions: 4.23 oz; 4.48 x 2.6 x 0.47 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 1450 mAh; up to 7 hours talk time and 18 days in standby mode
Also featuring FM radio and GPS capability, as well as proximity and ambient light sensors, the BlackBerry 9720 is available in black, blue, pink, purple and white.
This handset will be available for purchase through retailers and carriers in Asia, Latin America and EMEA by the end of this month. Unfortunately, the 9720 may not reach the North American market at all.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros