System76 Lemur gets a Kaby Lake upgrade
System76 Lemur has been around since 2015 when its maker unleashed it packing a Broadwell processor. Now, System76 has decided to bring this Linux notebook up to date, thus adding a Kaby Lake processor. Even more, this machine is now lighter and has a higher-resolution display.
These are the main specs and features of the highly customizable System76 Lemur laptop:
- Processor: Intel Core i3-7100U or Intel Core i7-7500U, both with Intel HD Graphics 620
- Memory/Storage: 4/8/16/32 GB DDR4; 500 GB HDD or 250 GB to 1 TB SSD internal storage (4 TB SSD option also available for $1,679 USD)
- Display: 14.1-inch full HD IPS
- Camera: 720p webcam
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, Intel Wireless-AC, Bluetooth, USB 3.1 Type-C, USB 3.0 Type-A, USB 2.0 Type-A, HDMI, VGA
- Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or Ubuntu 16.10 (both 64-bit)
- Weight/Dimensions: 3.6 pounds; 13.4X9.5X0.9 inches
- Battery: 44 Whr
Depending on the hardware options chosen, the weight mentioned above may vary. The updated System76 Lemur can be configured and purchased directly from the manufacturer's website already.