System76 Lemur gets a Kaby Lake upgrade
System76 Lemur has been around since 2015 when its maker unleashed it packing a Broadwell processor. Now, System76 has decided to bring this Linux notebook up to date, thus adding a Kaby Lake processor. Even more, this machine is now lighter and has a higher-resolution display.
These are the main specs and features of the highly customizable System76 Lemur laptop:
- Processor: Intel Core i3-7100U or Intel Core i7-7500U, both with Intel HD Graphics 620
- Memory/Storage: 4/8/16/32 GB DDR4; 500 GB HDD or 250 GB to 1 TB SSD internal storage (4 TB SSD option also available for $1,679 USD)
- Display: 14.1-inch full HD IPS
- Camera: 720p webcam
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, Intel Wireless-AC, Bluetooth, USB 3.1 Type-C, USB 3.0 Type-A, USB 2.0 Type-A, HDMI, VGA
- Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or Ubuntu 16.10 (both 64-bit)
- Weight/Dimensions: 3.6 pounds; 13.4X9.5X0.9 inches
- Battery: 44 Whr
Depending on the hardware options chosen, the weight mentioned above may vary. The updated System76 Lemur can be configured and purchased directly from the manufacturer's website already.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros